22 November, 2016

Christmas Market

This week our town's Christmas market opened, and I was excited to go check it out. It's been open for three days, and we've now been twice already. There are over 200 stalls with all sorts of things.



Food: burgers, sausages, carvery, and sweets, just to name a few. We had crispy duck wraps with cucumber and sweet chilli sauce, which were very good.



Drinks: hot chocolate, mulled wine, hot cider, and spirits. I had mulled wine with amaretto. At 11am. Hey, if the stall's open...

Gifts: Christmas decorations, home decor, jewelry, clothing items (a lot of knit and wool blankets, scarves, hats, etc.). We may have picked up a few Christmas gifts here, but of course I can't tell yet. :)






It was cold and rainy, so I'm glad I had everyone wear their wellies. So much mud. Friday night I wore Clara in the Ergo, which helped keep us both warm, but my back was sore that night. We took the sit and stand stroller on Saturday, but then it was really hard to navigate through the crowds.

There was also a small carnival-type area with rides for the kids, and Miles and Lily each got to pick a ride.




Miles was on this ride

Since the kids were mostly well behaved, we let them pick out a treat before we left. Of course they chose giant marshmallows.



Although it was crowded and the weather wasn't great, we still had a good time. Definitely worth the crowds, and I'll be happy to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment