13 November, 2017

Gigi Visit and Paris- Day 1

When we found out that we were moving, Matt promised to take me to Paris for our 10th anniversary. Of course, we wanted to have a date night while we were there, so we invited his mom (Anna, or Gigi to the kids) to come along.

Anna arrived a couple of days before we left, and the whole family was at the tail end of some sort of bug. Well, the whole family apart from myself. I was exhausted from taking care of everyone, and terrified that I'd get sick too and cause us to miss our trip. Luckily, I did not, and after I let myself rest we were all good to go.





This was Clara's first flight in her own seat. While it's nice not to pay for a whole seat for a toddler, it's nicer not to have her on my lap.




She wanted her hair like Gigi

Once we landed, we found a taxi and set off for the Airbnb. I'll mention now that a few days before this, Miles had been talking about his ears feeling clogged. Since he hadn't mentioned any pain, I didn't think much of it, and it didn't occur to me that the flights might aggravate it. But by the end of the hour long taxi ride, he was wailing in pain. We got inside and bundled him up on the couch, then Matt and I went off in search of a pharmacy for ear drops.


This store was about a block or two away. Would've been nice for the Amsterdam trip!


Luckily there was a pharmacy close by, and we were able to get what we needed. We grabbed a few sandwiches for dinner and returned to the apartment.

Ham and cheese paninis

The apartment we stayed in was small but comfortable, and only a 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.

View from the front window
View from the back bedroom






Since Miles was feeling awful, we stayed in the first night and hoped that he would feel well enough the next day so we could explore.






No comments:

Post a Comment