09 March, 2018

World Book Day

Children in the UK look forward to World Book Day, as many schools invite students to dress up as their favorite book characters. I've seen that some US schools so this also, and just like in the States, the costumes run from Amazon to elaborate Pinterest-worthy creations.

I'm an Amazon mom myself, so I was relieved when Miles and Lily chose easily accessible costumes. Lily chose to be the title character from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Miles was Fox in Socks.


Unfortunately, school was cancelled on dress up day, so the kids had to wait a whole week to show off their costumes.
I've never seen two kids so sad to have a snow day.


When the makeup day came around, they were so excited to go to school in costume, and they each took their favorite book to share with the class. According to the school, there were special book-related activities throughout the day, but of course my kids didn't tell me about that. But the staff dressed up as well, and it looked like a very festive atmosphere.

While our school does celebrate World Book Day each year, they only have the kids dress up every other year. Miles and Lily are already planning their costumes for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment