27 June, 2018

Craft Gin Club - June

Catching up with our gin subscription boxes (barely making this one in the same month we received it).


Vidda Tørr Gin 

Ginned! says: Intense juniper greets the nose, with the aromas of a pine forest. On the palate, an earthy sweetness is enhanced by peppery and herbal flavours. A clean, herbaceous finish lingers with a slight floral sweetness.

Leann says: I taste the pine and juniper, but it's not completely terrible. Has a fresh, green, naturey flavor with a weird aftertaste. I did not like the lime garnish that was recommended at all, and drank this without any garnish.
This was easily my least favorite of all the gins we've received so far. It tastes more like what I imagined gin to be before we started drinking it. The more I tried, the less I liked it, and by the end of the bottle I didn't care for it at all.

Matt says: Tastes like window cleaner.


Franklin & Sons LTD Natural Indian Tonic Water 

This is slightly more bitter than I prefer. It's just okay, but I can see how it might complement the gin.

Purdey's Rejuvenate Multivitamin Energy 

Made of spring water, fruit juice, and vitamins, this is a natural alternative to popular energy drinks. I have never liked drinks like Red Bull because they have a weird fake taste to me. I was hesitant to try this, but it actually helped the gin taste a little better. It's not a product I would buy, but it wasn't bad.

Bottlegreen Cordial Rhubarb with a Hint of Ginger 

I love rhubarb, but do prefer it without ginger. I tried the cordial with the Vidda Tørr gin, and the gin completely overwhelmed the rhubarb taste. I'm saving the rest of the sample to pair with a cleaner tasting gin.


Coco Chocolatier Gin and Tonic Dark Chocolate 

This starts out with nice dark chocolate flavor, but gets a bit purfumey. Meh.

Arden's Lockbrie Cheddar and Caramelized Onion Chutney Bites 

This one item redeemed an otherwise disappointing selection. These bite sized biscuits were buttery, savory, and richly delicious. I have already bought them again, in addition to two other types of Arden's snacks (which were also lovely).

Overall, this was my least favorite overall box. I'm hoping for another winner in July.




No comments:

Post a Comment