17 February, 2020

Budapest - Day 5

On our last day in Hungary, we had just about enough time to have breakfast and pack up before going to the airport. Oh, and pose for a few pictures...

Grumpy Clara


Croissants






Photobomber!

Back at the hotel, we were gathering our things. As I stood on the balcony, I thought I had seen a similar picture online...


This brick bit with barbed wire

When I looked it up again, I realized that this was the piece of ghetto wall we had searched for the previous day! And it was right outside our window the whole time. It was sobering, thinking that we had been sleeping in the area where Jews had been segregated not that long ago.


As usual, we asked the kids what their favorite parts of the trip were.

Miles: Probably my secret box (his souvenir), sleeping in the bed with Lily, walking by the river, and getting my sequin shirt.

Lily: Getting Snowy (her lamb toy), spending time with family, getting new shoes.

Clara: Getting a souvenir, going down by the river, getting ready to go home.


We also asked for their top 3 places in the world they'd like to visit. Here's what they said to that.

Clara: Paris, London, Budapest again

Miles: USA (Illinois and Colorado), USA (New York City), and Paris

Lily: Hamburg ("Is there a place called Hamburger?"), USA (Illinois), USA (New York City)

I guess we will have to try NYC at some point!


Since we didn't really do anything on this last day, I'll include some of the architecture pictures I took. I do love interesting buildings!




Christmas decorations!
 











House of Terror

There were many grand, ornate buildings that were in need of maintenance. Those were probably my favorites.













And that ends another fun family trip!















No comments:

Post a Comment