07 January, 2017

Happy New Year!

Full disclosure: I wrote this post about a week ago. Oops.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year celebration.

We stayed home, had a bunch of appetizers for dinner, and put the kids to bed at their regular bedtime. And I was asleep by 10. Lame, I know.

2016 was a year of huge change for our family. We lost a beloved aunt and had to rehome our dog. We moved across the pond, Lily started school, and Miles started at a new school. Clara had her first birthday, and, of course, the political climate in the UK and the US has been highly stressed to say the least (that's as diplomatic as I can be).

There are a lot of things I'm nervous about going into 2017. I'm trying to find joy in small things and look on the bright side whenever I can. Since we're settling in nicely here, we're hoping to start traveling this year - around the UK and Europe. We haven't made any concrete plans as of yet, but are thinking of Barcelona, Greece, and Paris. It's a bit overwhelming, but I do like to research places to visit. (If anyone has experience or advice with European travel, especially with kids, I'd love to hear from you!)

I don't like leaving a post without pictures, so here's a box of chocolates I got for Christmas. It was fabulous.


Happy New Year everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment