18 March, 2017

Happy St Patrick's Day!



And only one day late.

We didn't do anything special, and the kids' school didn't really celebrate either. Miles said they saw some things about St Patrick's Day, but that was all I got out of him.

I did plan a special meal though. Now, I've always known the traditional meal to be corned beef and cabbage, but that's not a thing here. It's difficult to find corned beef here, and I read that the Irish are more likely to eat bacon and cabbage. I wasn't feeling bacon and cabbage, so I made Guinness stew, and Matt picked up some fresh bread from a local bakery. It was all amazing.



And that was our St Patrick's Day. Well, it's not like we're going to take the kids on a pub crawl or anything, plus I hadn't heard of anything else going on around town. I hope everyone else had a much more exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment