16 October, 2017

Grandparents Visit - Food

Why yes, I am going to do a whole post about the food we ate during my parents' visit.

Of course we wanted them to get a taste of England (at least our favorite English food). And we had several other amazing meals out.  Here are some highlights.

I didn't get pictures of the fish and chips, but we did test two different places to see which my parents liked better. I don't remember if they had a favorite, because both are really good.

On my birthday, Matt and my dad took Miles to a birthday party while my mom and I took the girls to afternoon tea. We had the traditional tea with Prosecco, and there was a ton of food.



This was the reaction to receiving the children's tea

This was what my mom and I shared. We couldn't finish it all, but it was all great.

And Clara ate the ham off of the sandwich


After that, I don't know how we even thought about dinner, but we did. We went to a wonderful little Turkish restaurant to celebrate some more. I don't remember what everything was, but I think this was one of our favorite meals.






Turkish coffee and Turkish Delight. The one thing I remember.

Next, we hired a babysitter and had an adult dinner out. We went to one of our favorite restaurants (which has a Michelin star), and it did not disappoint.



Of course there was wine!





Oops, forgot to get a picture of the dessert board




A bit of traditional food in Knaresborough...

Ploughman's lunch

Sausage sandwich with chips

Fish fingers, beans, and chips

I'm pretty sure this was some kind of quiche

Here we are at a restaurant in York. It took forever to get our food, so we ate quickly and forgot to take any pictures.





And last, our final meal together before my parents left. We did make them try black pudding here, and they liked it!




Bangers and mash


Mom face


More mom face. Probably why my pint was empty.







2 comments: