28 September, 2016

Bits and Pieces

Two small accomplishments recently:
1. I gave a guy directions. They were insanely simple, but directions nonetheless.
2. I am now used to looking to the right first when I cross the street.

In the UK, the word pants means underwear. I know this, and still can't stop saying pants.
On a related note, the kids are picking up British words and phrases pretty quickly. Miles corrects me when I say certain things (like pants instead of trousers), and yesterday Lily told me that Miles "had a go" on something at the park.

The family is now enrolled in the National Health Services, so we can now see doctors here. Clara and I had our first appointments this week, and it was quick and easy so far.

I'm meeting many other parents at the kids' school. I can only remember about 5 names, but everyone is so welcoming and willing to start conversations. I haven't once felt excluded.

A standard getting around here is, "Are you alright?" I was very confused until I figured out that it basically means, "How are you?"

That's it for now, just some random thoughts.



2 comments:

  1. Leanne I am so happy that things are dropping into place. Poor Clara will never be able to talk without a British accent/ inflection in her voice. Happy Birthday to our own baby brit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the kids are so quick at picking up stuff. I am so excited for all of the things they see and hear. I love all you kids.

    ReplyDelete