11 September, 2016

Illness and Embarrassing Moment

 Over the past week, each of us has been sick, one right after another. Luckily I had it last, and with Matt's flexibility with work, he was able to take some time off to take care of me.
We haven't done much this week, but since there's a pool at the hotel we're at this week (more on that later), we took the kids swimming yesterday.
Now, I'm hoping I don't come across here as a complete country mouse. Any of the US hotels we've been to courtesy of Matt's job have been very casual, like La Quinta Inn and the like. So, as we would have done in the States, we all went through the lobby in our bathing suits (Matt had a t-shirt and I threw pants over my bottoms).
When we stepped out of the elevator, we walked through a crowd of wedding guests, which was a little embarrassing. Once we were in the pool, we noticed that everyone else was coming into the area in street clothes, and putting their bathing suits on in a changing room.
At this point, I didn't want to get out of the pool, but Lily saved the day by pooping in her swim diaper. Matt ran her upstairs to change it, and brought our clothes back down for us.
Looking back, I guess I should've figured it out. I had never seen anyone running through the lobby half-dressed. I mean, it's not a very formal hotel, but everyone at the breakfast buffet was already dressed and ready for the day. Oh well, even if we'll be living in this town, we'll probably never see these people again, thankfully.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are all feeling better now. How did the rest of the school week go last week? All the stress you guys have been under the past few weeks probably made everyone the perfect target for sick bugs.

    ReplyDelete