07 August, 2016

Mountains, Beautiful Weather, and Friends


I was not driving when this picture was taken


We moved to Colorado in January 2012. Coming from the Midwest, I was in awe of the mountain views, and I wondered how anyone could drive around taking this scenery for granted.
Four and a half years later, I'm still in awe.  Now, though, there are times when I haven't noticed the mountains until halfway through my drive somewhere. I will miss these views terribly, and I'm really trying to soak it in every time I have the chance.

January 2012

January 2012, days later


Another thing I will miss around here is the weather. The lack of humidity and the sunny days paired with the amazing scenery made me fall in love with the Denver area. England won't have as dramatic shifts in temperature, but it also won't have as much sun, or even snow. I'm already trying to mentally prepare myself for the adjustment.





Lastly, I will miss the friends I've made here, and I will miss my kids' friends. I've met some great people in the last four years, and I'm trying to distract myself from this part because it makes me emotional. When we moved, I was unsure if I'd be able to make friends without my hometown safety net, and now I know that I can.  That thought at least helps my anxiety of moving even farther away.

I am excited about the huge adventure in front of us, but these are the local things I'll miss the most. And maybe Smashburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment